Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cookiecutter Petroglyphs

I spent the day in cedar city programming the phone system for the famous Utah Shakespeare festival which gets under way in a few days. After completing my work I decided to take a quick trip over to Rockville to check on a few projects. It just so happens that my KTM was strapped to the back of my car so I decided to take a quick 40 mile test ride upon the Mesa around Smithsonian Butte. I've spent my last few trips up there hunting for ancient Indian petroglyphs which rumor has it are plenty in the area. I've managed to find a few so this time I crossed the highway searching in the little creek Mesa area. Thanks to the help of the Internet and my trusty GPS I located a massive panel called the cookiecutter petroglyphs. A fine day of work indeed.










- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

sws said...

WOW!

Unknown said...

Great panel of 'glyphs! Im looking forward to following your ride. The Primus fuel bombs, jerried jumpers and overheated bikes worry me a little. It'll be fast trip to heaven.

Greg Christensen said...

Bektellent! Those are pretty fantastic.