Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Influence

When I was in high school, I called a local radio station (97.9) and won tickets to a piano concert in a small recording style venue. I had never heard of the guy playing but thought what could be better than free tickets? I was mesmerized by the amazing sound and style and have tried to adopt it myself ever since. While listening to Pandora the other day, I was presented by one of his songs and decided to come home and learn it "my way". Here is my cover of Danny Wright's "Missing You".



(Note: This is played by ear. The music on the piano is a crazy Liszt piece I'm working on. I have to take breaks every now and again and play "ear" stuff)

3 comments:

Marie aka Grams said...

So beautiful, your playing. If you're trying to master Liszt, you need long "breathers". We had several Danny Wright CDs around, too. We think you are an amazing role model.

Maria said...

Josh you amaze me! I really loved this. Thanks! I would never be able to tackle Liszt even if I wanted to. WOW!

Julie Watkins said...

Josh, that was exactly what I needed to hear tonight. What a beautiful sound. Keep practicing!