Saturday, April 9, 2011

Making Good

Anyone who appreciates Stephen Schwartz's musical "Wicked" might find this tune interesting. This is a brilliant song he wrote and later cut from the show. It was ultimately replaced by the song "Wizard and I" which is also quite good. I became fascinated when I heard a recording of Mr. Schwartz himself playing it on the piano. It's an extremely fast song and to make matters worse, it's in the miserable key of E, which many of his songs are. I decided I had to learn it when I heard him play it. I know pretty much nothing about singing, but in my non-expert opinion, this girl sounds like she does. Hopefully my mistakes aren't too obvious :)

1 comment:

Marie aka Grams said...

Pretty impressive all around, accompaniment, singing, and musical composition. Thanks for posting this.