Monday, January 17, 2011

My Favorite Christmas Gift

Christmas 2010 was of course over the top. The kids were spoiled (as usual) with more things than they could ever need (1/2 of which they've already forgotten about). My wife surprised me with a few piano books. My favorite was the Bruce Hornsby Book "Spirit Trail". The photo is supposedly an old picture of his uncle. I always thought Hornsby was quite a pianist, but after learning a few of his piano solos, I have a new respect for his rich chord voicings and unique style. Here is my best attempt to cover his "Song C".




4 comments:

Marie aka Grams said...

Beautiful. You have such a sensitive, nuanced touch. I'd love to have a recording of you playing.

The Collett Family said...

Ok I am embarrassed to admit I didn't know who Bruce Hornsby was, but I am a true believer now-- thanks. I've already listened to it multiple times.

sws said...

wow...i could listen all day. Annie, too! We were both smiling.

Maria said...

Love it! What a great tune!